Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: GENERAL Story ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a great story idea...

--- Shakira Changed Name And Wore Disguise For UCLA Class ---

How did Shakira manage to take a summer history class at UCLA in 2007 and not make headlines until after the course was over? The Colombian-bred international pop star revealed her successful game plan in a recent interview with the UK's The Guardian.

"I used to wear a cap and a big backpack," Shakira explained. "I looked like a boy. I didn't get recognized."

When onlookers got suspicious and inquired whether or not she was the "Hips Don't Lie" singer, she told them that her name was Isabel, which is actually one of her middle names.
    Her simple plan worked. Professor Robert Cleve, who taught the Introduction to Western Civilization: Ancient Civilizations from Prehistory to Circa A.D. 843 class, had no idea "Isabel" was actually a pop star.

"She told me she was visiting from Colombia and that she was just doing this for her own enlightenment and enjoyment," Cleve told theAssociated Press in 2007. "She looked like just an ordinary student. She wasn't flamboyant...she didn't act like a big celebrity or anything."

The singer, whose song "She Wolf" is No. 31 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, sat near the front of the class and regularly stayed afterwards to ask questions, Cleve added. "I was really impressed with how intelligent she was," he said.

Shakira decided to take the class after wrapping the tour for her album, "Oral Fixation."

When most celebs need a break from the business, they typically take a real vacation. They travel to a remote destination, relax, and clear their minds. But Shakira said challenging her mind instead was the ideal getaway after the tour.

"It was such a long tour, I needed a break from me," Shakira told The Guardian. "The universe is so broad, I cannot be at the center of it. So I decided to go to the university and study history for a summer course, just to kind of switch gears, taste the student life."

Shakira has been known to spend her spare time studying, and learning about the countries she visits, her manager Fifi Kurzman told The Associated Press.
    While Shakira did not attend the last few classes, she told The Guardian that she enjoyed the experience. "I would go to the university over and over again if I could," Shakira said.

...so can you imagine, you start chatting to the new girl in class, pick her up, and then later on your date you find out she's a world renowned pop star? I wonder if she would put on a sexy little outfit and give her date a little ass-shake/belly dance (what she's famous for during her concerts)

2. Thanks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

after seeing this Olivia Munn on "Greek" I'm really interesting in writing something up on her. Anyone have any suggestions/requests? (location, scenario?)

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I like Shakira too much to see her in a story. I don't know if it's "respect" or not, but I just can't see her in such obscene circumstances. I dunno.

Olivia Munn is kind of hot, and has a sharpness to her personality that's attractive, but she feels so down-to-earth and normal. Feels like there isn't much to work with.

Sorry for sounding like a naysayer. Just my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

^ that sounds like a challenge to me... hehe. fortunately for you I dunno if I have it in me to write another story (after the two dozen I squeezed out last week or so) but hey you never know. Screw it, might have to try some more speed next week and see how I go. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Juno, does anybody else have trouble writing up stuff for someone who's, for example, in their top five picks? I had loads of trouble with my Eva story (and I still don't class it as one of my best) and she's my number one pick. Yet the couple of things I've done featuring Christina Augilera, I think, are a couple of my best (yet at the time I only had a passing interest in her). I think that's why I'm struggling with my Kim K chapter, I just can't get it together, lol.

Maybe I'm just weird

Post Thanks / Like

Nah you're not weird at all Sikk Puppy. I think everyone has that one dream girl that really intimidates them. Its the same way I feel about Holly Valance for some reason.

No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to write something up about her --- afraid I won't do her justice or something --- I keep trying (at least once a month lately) but never complete anything cause I guess I can't really put into words how much I dig that bitch.

I think its the only celeb on the planet I would seriously marry in a heartbeat!

...and of my top 5 (Kate Beckinsale, Kristin Kruek, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Hawkins) shes the last one on my list that I haven't managed to write about. Its frickin weird.

But the same could be said with Jennifer Hawkins for a while there... and I found that once I wrote a quick fic/scene with her, I couldn't stop. Now I can imagine her doing just about anything and I have to say its awesome --- I'm glad I took that first step.

Its fucking weird though when you think about it, its like we're mentally cunt-struck or something, like we put them up on a pedestal.

But I think once you break through that invisible barrier you won't stop writing about them. I guess you just gotta step back and treat them more like a once night stand type of deal --- fuck em and forget em.

I think it would actually be kind of interesting to use that (those feelings) as a series --- start it off as a meaningless one night stand... and then detail how your feelings for her change and you both get more serious, etc.

But yeah I know exactly how you feel --- just sitting here thinking about doing something like that with Valance --- and I'm already stumbling. Fuck, now I'm on a mission to do it/break through.

(this ad still gives me a little flutter)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I'm not alone then, lol.
    No one will believe me but I've been trying to finish Kim K's chapter for this month and most of last. I want to finish it so I can release everything else I've got done after that (Christina is still pregnant in two chapters for God's sake) but all I've done is to create a new series and wrote stuff about Eva, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think xtina's kid turns 2 in January. lol. I'm dying to read something about Eva Longoria too --- the woman is so hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Last few days I've been trying to go back to my "Britney!" series. I think in the last few months I've stopped and re-written it at least a dozen times but I think I've finally finished a version (of chapter 1 anyways) that I'm happy with.

Meanwhile lately I find myself strangely attracted (more than usual) to Hilary Duff. The way things are going she's in danger of becoming one of my all time favorite babes. I just got to write something up with her again.

Post Thanks / Like

What about this scenario Sikk? Halloween Special? (Just thought about this one while doing this post)

Guy comes home from College to his folks place in Bel Air and while home alone, answers the door to find one of the neighbors (Christina Aguilera) clutching her son and announcing Trick or Treat.

There they flirt openly with each other before he suggests she come back later for some "candy" --- or she offers him an invitation to her place later (as she's home alone over the weekend and is feeling lonely) ...and fun and frivolity ensues etc.

Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast